Our Client is seeking a talented and motivated Legal Secretary to join their growing, national firm. If you have a passion for the legal industry and possess exceptional time management and administrative skills, we want to hear from you! You will be joining a dynamic and supportive team and will have the opportunity to work with some of their largest clients.
Our ideal candidate will have some experience in a general administration role. Prior experience in a legal setting would be advantageous but is not required. Accuracy, attention to detail and professionalism will be essential in this role, as you will be responsible for supporting their legal team and ensuring that documents are prepared in a timely manner.
Other duties will include:
- Drafting various legal documents including briefs, affidavits and general correspondence.
- Preparing and issuing tax invoices to clients
- Drafting cost agreements
- Scheduling meetings and organising calendars
- File management, saving emails and correspondence to files
- Answering and making phone calls
- Liaising with stakeholders, including clients, Lawyers, Barristers and Principals
- Opening new files and undertaking conflict searches
- Other general administrative tasks
- Minimum 1-2 years secretarial experience in a legal practice.
- High attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Confidence in building lasting relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Outstanding time management and a strong commitment to consistency
- A natural inclination for taking initiative.
- A self-starter but also thrives in a collaborative work environment.
- Familiarity with iManage and Practice Evolve would be considered advantageous, although not necessary.
All applicants should note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo background screening including reference checks and police checks.
Any questions regarding this role should be directed to Mikaela Casey, Manager – Talent Acquisition at LexVeritas ([email protected]).